Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well once again my friends - it's that time of year.

Your's truly will spend the next three days (Sun-Tue) as credentialed media down at the Auto Show - this makes the 9th straight year my friends and I will be covering it. For updates you can check out our website www.dodgemotorsports.com or if I have any really good shots I'll post them up in the photography forum.

Now if we can just figure out how to get paid to do this....

·
Registered
695 Posts
Just a tip - If you are a hardcore car fan that loves the car show but hates the crowd, consider hitting it on Industry preview days. I used to go on that day, but I worked in PR for a couple suppliers. The tickets are steep at $75, but all you have there are engineers measuring their competitors' cars and such. Definitely a good time to go!!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Auto Show Loot :)

A - Chengfeng Motors crystal dangly thingy
B - Toyota Quick cell phone recharger (AA powered)
C - Kia Motors 1GB USB thumb drive
D - Fisker Motors USB Thumb Drive
E - (2) Scion xD plushies
F - (2) Scion xB plushies
G - (2) Scion tC plushies
H - Chrysler Firehouse coaster
I - Sirius radio tire pressure gauge keychain
J - Mini Cooper pen
K - DET sticker (representin')
L - Visit Detroit where cool comes from... sticker
M - Torquey-aki beef jerkey from Dodge
N - XM Radio air freshener
O - DUB magazine ft 50 Cent (yo)
P - Dodge Ram messenger bag

·
Registered
546 Posts
sweet stuff..
Our friend Adam works for McNabbs Carpet and they carpet the entire autoshow, well he's the one who gets with the companies and finds out what color, how much, does the layout, etc..
He's taking my hubby on Saturday before public gets to see :) I'm pretty jealous, but hell he's already sneaking him in!

Also, at McNabbs in Milford, the auto show carpet sale will start on jan. 30th (my hubby will be working it for extra$$). You can get carpet at 17 cents a sqf. And most of the carpet isn't what the public walked on for a week, it is what's under their platforms!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Went yesterday for supplier preview.
One of the only good perks for being a supplier is we get to take some customers to these things.....

Honestly, I think the one thing I really liked was the BMW sport bike (anyone got pics? I left my memory card at home today)

Was not impressed with the concepts this year.
However, some of the high end cars that I never could afford were nice.

Best bang for the buck.
Corvette - if you have the cash.
Saturn Sky - if no family and can park it for the winter months.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The show this year wasn't nearly as good as the past ones have - I'd say the most exciting thing was the herd of longhorns for the intro of the new Dodge Ram on Sunday.

I have about 1.6 GB's of photo's to go through and post - I think there may be ones of the BMW bike too....

EDIT: Nope got pics of the bike in the Suzuki display

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Nice I'll be there on Tuesday. As a Vette guy I want one of those new ones! Maybe if I gave up my reef tank I could afford one.:D

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
i remember years ago my dad took me to the auto show and there was a bubble tank with a lion fish in it. since then i dreamt about having beautiful cars and fish. half way there LOL

im going tuesday too

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
This will be my first Auto Show (sad, I know :p). My dad and I are going Friday after I get home from work/campus and I'm pretty excited. I read a few auto blogs, and they've done a good job of covering it, but I can only hope it'll be better in person!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts