Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this from the LFS and i am not exactly sure what it is. instead of trying to google it i thought i would leave it up to the experts. its the orange thing with green mouths in the center. And i know my camera phone ***** i will be looking into a new camera soon lol sorry about the quality.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry bout that

it is encrusting the plug and doesn't appear to have any sort of exoskeleton. don't blastos have an exoskeleton? my apologies on the crappy pic again :/

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
endoskeleton, exo would be like a crab. Looks like Blastomussa merleti to me but it is hard to see from the small pic.
+ one on that, i don't know why i got that mixed up lol. i know its such a bad pic and i am pretty sure its not a blasto. what i will do is post a better pic with a different camera in a second

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I'd agree with Kevin, looks like war coral to me too but its hard to tell with the pic. I wouldn't say blasto as they tend to be a little more beefier if that makes sense...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sweet

well i think someone at my LFS is going to be in trouble then because i think those are pretty pricey. i remember that the glass on the tank said aussie war coral for 65$ and the girl told me that everything on a plug was 3 for 30$. me not really knowing what it was i got that frag for 10$. idk i feel like i got a pretty good deal i guess. I got 2 GIANT birdsnests with it too. I was a pretty happy fella yesterday :) thanks again!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Yeah you got a great buy on it. I see reefers selling it on $10 frags with two our three eyes. Congrats on your find. It looks pretty faded and as Kevin said, it will be a blood red with green eyes with clear tenticals.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.