Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had just recently upgraded my 29g to a 30g half circle tank. I have my T5 light system on it now and its good but i want to find a clamp on suitible to run that deep of a tank or a hanging pendant but i dont want nothing that is gonna raise the electric bill a crap ton lol. So i need some opinions on some setups or fixtures you all have used or know of. Thanks :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
try a par led bulb
I was just looking at LED fixtures on ebay they have a fixture for around 160$ it says its rated between 10k-14k. I am not completely sure on the setup i will have to get with DereksReef to see what kind of fixtures he has. I had recently went to his place and purchased some coral and the LED setups he had looks absolutly amazing color pop like no other.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Kessil

I have 3 KessilI on. My tank and love them! I bought the gooseneck clamps for them and they are awesome...a bit pricey but I think they are worth it. Small and lots of light each ome lights a 2 foot by 2 foot section 24 inches deep.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Love it!

After a bunch of research, I had my lfs order lights from Kessil. I JUST got them today but they look awesome :) The 15K have plenty of blue and my corals look great. From everything I have read, one thing to watch for with LED's is how well the fixture dissipates heat since that will reduce the lifespan. The other thing is that led chips are made in lots of places, with varying quality control. I like the fact that this company is in the USA and they make everything but the powersupply inhouse.
Good luck!
Kessil Lighting- The Spectral Revolution

1 - 7 of 7 Posts