Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market and wondering if anybody has used this skimmer on a heavily stocked tank. What size tank and stock list would be great too.

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
49 Posts
My bubble blaster 3000 ROCKS!!! Note - they have a slight delay when it starts up, do to it being computer controlled, so don't plug in and unplug quickly because you think it's jammed up.

·
Registered
740 Posts

·
Administrator
2,496 Posts
Bm250

I have a BM250 and it pulls junk out of the water but it is hard to adjust and there has been a few times I came home and it was full and over flowing- water level never changes I don't know why. It came with a used tank that i purchased but if I had to spend the money I think its 800 I would go with a better one that is easier to adjust. The pumps do not fit on the unit nicely and the way the PSK is designed it needs to suck water from the bottom of the pump will when you stand them up on the platform it blocks the water inlet - I solved the problem but putting egg create between the pump and platform. Also the collection cup is huge the diameter if a dinner plate and very heavy when it fills up does not have the drain which was disappointing.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I had a BM 300 for about 8 months before taking down the tank, very happy with the performance. It is a beast. As mentioned the above the pump has problem to restart time to time especially when running with mashed wheel. Other than that it is a great skimmer. Reefgeek has them on clearance right now, I will not hesitate to buy one at this price if I had not got a very good deal on a BK250. There is a new one for sell on RC for $475 shipped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts