Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:nhl_checking:Im buying an emperor angel about 8-9" but itll be about 7hrs from pick up to tank. Question would it be ok to put in a five gallon bucket with air pump and i can keep it in a heated area and when in car keep heat on. Would that 7hrs be just way to long or should it be ok if not any other options

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I think if you have an apropriate sized cooler with your battery bubbler running and set it up front near the heat you would be ok. Bring another small cooler with a bag of your tank water and a hot bottle next to it in the cooler and you could add some new water every hour or so and keep the angels water fresh and aclimate the fish at the same time.

·
Registered
227 Posts
another idea

I think the critical thing is to not let the temperature drop. I would worry about evaporation doing that in that small volume with the air from the bubbler. Thus I would use a 35 gal tote (rubbermaid ones are good) and insulate it with a single wrap of 4" fiberglass insulation around the tote horizontally and a 1" pink foam insulation taped to the lid and bottom, use a lot more water say 2/3 full put a small powerhead in it until right before you start driving and then plop a powerhead back in when you arrive, or use the bubbler if you want check the temp, raise the temp in the transported tank with heaters till it is within 1/10 of a degree of the new tank which also needs to have precisely the same salinity, then just throw the fish from one tank to the other. I moved the contents of a 300gal that way and didnt lose a single fish or coral

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Fish is in tank now already eating no signs of stress thanks for the ideas i was stuck on the bucket idea which wouldve been a bad idea

1 - 5 of 5 Posts