Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my tank after finally getting my liverock arranged in a likeable fashion and a few weeks of adding some new inhabitants (mostly zoas and palys). It was initially set up last May and I didn't do much with it until a few weeks ago. I'm still not through yet, but thought some input would be in order. I had a cyanobacteria problem but I think I'm getting it under control. Please let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured out how to upload a larger pic using photobucket. There is a Tunze 6015 in the upper righthand corner. Would you put another of the same size in? Where at? That female clown hates it when I put my hand in the tank, too....not overly friendly.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Sure put one pump lower on the other side (same side as that powerhead that's pointing up) and it will create some flow along the sand and a little undertow.

Hopefully clear your sand right up in a week or so..

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yeah mine did that too. They can be vicious and am glad their teeth aren't bigger.

Is there enough room on the left for the fish to swim behind and around the rock. I see a space but can't tell how big it is. If not, you may want to make more space there.

Everything looks good. You did a nice job setting it up. If you put any sand digging critters in (pistol shrimp etc) you will want to be sure that you place your LR, carefully, on the glass.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is space behind the rocks on the left but can't swim behind it. The large single, vertical rock on the right has plenty of space for them to swim around and behind. I plan on adding more rock later.

I have a Remora skimmer and an Aquaclear 50 filter. Do tanks this size usually have a sump or refugium?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I wouldn't say most tanks of that size have a sump or refugium, but one that size could most definitely benefit from either of them. The increase in water volume alone would help to keep levels stable. You could even mod that Aquaclear into a makeshift refugium, which is a mod commonly done to nanos. Another option would to look into finding a used hang-on refugium, like a CPR Aquafuge.

By the way, what type of lighting are you using on that tank?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Nice looking tank. I especially like the tall piece of LR on the right!
+1 to more flow and to getting a little more space behind the rocks on the left if possible. Other than that, things look great. Adding a sump/ refugium would be of great benifit. Both, in helping to reduce the Phosphate and Nitrate levels and adding more water volume.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.