Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first iPod this weekend (classic). I'm now in the process of copying all of my cds into iTunes.

How does everyone organize their music into folders/playlists? What kind of categories / labels for your folders do you have?


Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,366 Posts
igot2gats said:
I just bought my first iPod this weekend (classic). I'm now in the process of copying all of my cds into iTunes.

How does everyone organize their music into folders/playlists? What kind of categories / labels for your folders do you have?

Thanks
all I can say is be patient iTunes isnt the simplest program to work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,108 Posts
while viewing the library i use artist view followed by album.

if your talking your storage folder itself i make a folder for every artist then inside that folder i have folders for every album.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have all the songs listed under the folder "music" under library. I created playlist folders - how do I transfer certain songs from my library music to a particular folder?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
470 Posts
igot2gats said:
I have all the songs listed under the folder "music" under library. I created playlist folders - how do I transfer certain songs from my library music to a particular folder?
You can create a new playlist in the upper left hand menu. you ccan just Name it and then drag n drop. Or you can create a smart playlist and select parameters for the music such as 1980-89 or genre or whatever. you can even choose how many songs to be in the playlist.

You can rate your music and then sort it by highest rated to least favorite as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PastorKDS said:
You can create a new playlist in the upper left hand menu. you ccan just Name it and then drag n drop. Or you can create a smart playlist and select parameters for the music such as 1980-89 or genre or whatever. you can even choose how many songs to be in the playlist.

You can rate your music and then sort it by highest rated to least favorite as well.
Thanks. At first when I was trying to load music & drag-drop at the same time it didn't work. Now the dragging-dropping is working.

I think I've got the hang of this.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top