Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
upgrade now complete.

The old, 65 gal with 2 T-5's and a 130w PC, fluval 404 silent giant air stone live rock, natural wave power strip 2 maxi-jet 900's.

65 gal

new tank 90 gal drilled glass tank with 29 gal refugium, mag 9.5 for the return and 2 koralia #3's for movement. 6 T5's and a UV sterilizer. Skimmer is a coralife super skimmer 125 will start running in a day or so. added 50 + pounds of LR and new sand with part of the old as a starter. as well as the water.

new tank
had Scott from Choice help with aquascape and consult the royal could not be found for a day or so thought the move might have done him in, but there he is doing fine.

fuge

shot of the lunar lights plus more rock to mask the overflow

This site has been a great inspiration and many thanks to those that have helped me, especially the crew from Choice Aquariums in Farmington Hills for being patient with my questions and to explain the science behind things

·
Registered
52 Posts
Choice Aquariums in Farmington Hills sounds like a GREAT place we need more of those around for people just starting out or even for the people that have been doing this hobby for years that think they know every thing BUT still need to ask a question here or there

·
Registered
926 Posts
looks nice i like the look with the new lights. how do you like the korailia 3 i have the same once and i love mine.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I'm very happy with them also, they really stir up every part of the tank. I will need to reposition them but will wait a few days to kind of watch the patterns. I love the fact that they are magnetic they really stick. I was constantly chasing the maxi-jets because they would come loose and then stir up the sand. I will also reposition my lights, atinic blues to the outside and middays to the middle then atinics in between. Still need to fire up the skimmer this weekend the tank went through a lot with the move and it's just starting to settle back in.

·
Registered
925 Posts
looks good. you have actually inspired me to think about upgrading my return pump. i like your sump/fuge layout. did you do that yourself?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks I did, it was a spare 29 gal tank had henderson glass cut me the baffles. I really like it and it was fairly cheap since I already had the tank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts