Michigan Reefers banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BUMP TO THE TOP!!!!I posted this on 3/3/2012 and had 90 views and 0 posts, and how many people are on Michiganreefers? And how many say well geez I didn't know anything about this. I have to say to myself, HUH. I read these everytime I come across them and that makes me well aware of what coral can do to you and animals. Lets see how many view this has this time. Hopefully alot more than last time. Let's wake up people.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I didn't want to add fuel to the fire but I think I should also bring up the fact that you made a comment on my thread that not only upset me, but a lot of other reefers as well who all pm-ed me, and you made a comment implying "how could you of let this happen? And made it sound like this is common knowledge." pretty ironic considering you even bring up the fact that you made a thread about some possible danger a MERE 22 DAYS AGO, and said "I just read this". So while your intentions might be good now even though your sounding seriously sarcastic in your post today, you should probably keep in mind that you have had this information for 3 weeks.... It's not like it's a well known fact.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I didn't want to add fuel to the fire but I think I should also bring up the fact that you made a comment on my thread that not only upset me, but a lot of other reefers as well who all pm-ed me, and you made a comment implying "how could you of let this happen? And made it sound like this is common knowledge." pretty ironic considering you even bring up the fact that you made a thread about some possible danger a MERE 22 DAYS AGO, and said "I just read this". So while your intentions might be good now even though your sounding seriously sarcastic in your post today, you should probably keep in mind that you have had this information for 3 weeks.... It's not like it's a well known fact.
Yes his post was a "MERE 22 DAYS AGO", but you are missing the fact that it was there to be read. If you had read it, maybe the outcome would have been different, maybe not. Accidents happen!

But I think the REAL lesson here should be, know what you are putting into your tank, and/or handling.

Sent from my iPad using Braille.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
True I found that article on R2R just before I posted that article and knew of alot of other incidents through out the years. We all love this hobby, but it also can be very dangerous if were not careful. I not only sit on here, Michiganreefer, I am also looking and reading articles on all aspects of this hobby. I am not at all trying to be sarcastic to anyone, just trying to spread the word of my findings, not only for corals, but you and your family. And I think that what a forums suppose to be about. A week before I posted this thread I was hit in the eye with palytoxin and it put me down for 2 days and I seen this article and copy and pasted it here just because I too didn't want to believe in the article I read about palytoxin. I wasn't trying to bash you or anyone else, but just trying to get across that we need to take better precautions. I was running around most of the day pulling things out of my dog mouth in nothing but fear. I'm not going to post on this thread anymore. If you don't like the idea of me lookin' out, fine.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Yes his post was a "MERE 22 DAYS AGO", but you are missing the fact that it was there to be read. If you had read it, maybe the outcome would have been different, maybe not. Accidents happen!

But I think the REAL lesson here should be, know what you are putting into your tank, and/or handling.

Sent from my iPad using Braille.
Are you %@#%#@.... errr "people" serious?

Maybe if I didn't eat the e coli ridden food I would have died.

Maybe if I wasn't driving at 9:02am on my way to work I would have got t boned.

Maybe if I wasn't driving at 9:02pm on my way home from a friends house I wouldn't have been hit and killed by a drunk driver.

Maybe if I slept and extra 2 hours I would have done something REALLY smart today.

Maybe if Obama wasn't president, we would all be millionaires..

Accidents happen people, get over it and move on - Im happy we can all bask in Katy's misfortune and point out how "dumb" she was to do that and how smart we all are.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
The loss of a dog is very sad. My dogs are my family members too. A friend of mines dog died last year by rating Godiva chocolate. It is a very sad accident and dogs can be real sneaky. By her putting that post up and spreading the word maybe another dog or child's life will be saved. Let's not get the stupid drama going on this subject. I am sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Adam, I didn't start this thread for all your drama. This was intended for people to read and realize what can happen if we take this for granted. Apparently not enough people took it seriously. This is nothing to joke about, so you play you if-a, would-a, could-a but it's not going to change anything. It's always going to be there bro. I'm not here to see how many friends nor enemys I can make by my posts, just trying to keep people informed and safe. You don't like me or this post, tough, but if you and others read more of these posts, we all wouldn't have to be dealing with this. I gave Katy the respect to bow out of her thread and if you're just out to be inconsiderate with your remarks, stay off mine please, pal. This is a post about someone who could of died not a dog and also started weeks before this all happened, which was previously mentioned, not today. I never asked this question either, "how could you of let this happen? Maybe that's the whole problem here, plain misunderstanding. I totally understood what I read on R2R and that's why I posted it here, but maybe should of probably broke it down a little bit.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Are you %@#%#@.... errr "people" serious?

Maybe if I didn't eat the e coli ridden food I would have died.

Maybe if I wasn't driving at 9:02am on my way to work I would have got t boned.

Maybe if I wasn't driving at 9:02pm on my way home from a friends house I wouldn't have been hit and killed by a drunk driver.

Maybe if I slept and extra 2 hours I would have done something REALLY smart today.

Maybe if Obama wasn't president, we would all be millionaires..

Accidents happen people, get over it and move on - Im happy we can all bask in Katy's misfortune and point out how "dumb" she was to do that and how smart we all are.
Flame me all you want Adam, I couldn't careless, and like stated above, only adds drama.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Last time i checked this is the zoa forum and this topic was Zoa related. No need for off topic drama. Katy posted hers in the "discussion" forum, if you have opinions please them back there! :)

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Flame me all you want Adam, I couldn't careless, and like stated above, only adds drama.
Exactly, you couldn't of cared less, so you shouldn't of ever said anything at all.

You now act like your "taking the high road" but your post in my thread was intended to cause drama.From the pm's I received, sounds like you are trying to start a coral/fish business, and I had MULTIPLE people pm me to tell me that they would never purchase anything from you because of your post in my thread. So maybe you should start "caring".

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
And to rosco- if you weren't trying to start drama you would of merely linked your original thread to mine, and said your whole only 90 views stuff then. Not give this whole story about how upset you are because you keep your pets as number one priority...... I am sure I am the most upset out of everyone. Your post in my thread was to put you on a pedis tool and knock down my actions. So don't start this "If you don't want me to help then fine" kindergarten stuff. Own your actions and either apologize for them, or stand by them.

Pretty ironic.... Don't you sell fish and Corals too........

·
Registered
679 Posts
Wow katy you're pretty good at attacking people! Last time I checked you're still the guilty party. We still don't know what your post was? Was it a pitty party? I didn't get ANY useful info except "dog eat coral, dog die!". I think you should back off a little, we're all sorry for your loss, but it could have been avoided. That's the point rosco and crow are "trying" to get across. You want sympathy, i understand, but the way your doing this is wrong. And if you want to further discuss my opinion send me a pm, accidents happen so we can move on from this before mods have to step in and people starting getting punished.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.