Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the best store in the Detroit area to get pc bulbs for a
30" setup? Mine broke when trying to clean it, but they're due to be replaced anyway.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Hi Amy,

I generally order mine on line. If you want to follow the Christmas pattern. I am okay with that.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol Great! I looked them up on fosters and smith but couldn't really find them. Where do you order them from and how long does it take? Could be as soon as this weekend.

·
Registered
227 Posts
premium aquatics and marine depot sell pc bulbs cheap. i think shipping is same or next day. my last order was here in two days.

·
Registered
908 Posts
What fixture do you have? Are they 4 pin in line or square? 10k or actinic or 50/50?

The code from the bulb will work too...

I thought you would get a kick out of my comment.-devil

I would not order from Marine depot if you want then this week. They ship fast but UPS take about 5 days from the west coast.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a Coralife 30" with 4 pins in a straight row. The 10,000k broke but I might as well get a new actinic too. I'll look online again. There is nothing local for me except NO.

·
Registered
394 Posts
i might have some 65w or 55w actinics. i bought them new from a planted tank person that didn't need them. i'll check the sizes, but i'm thinking they were made for a 24 inch fixture.

would those work?? i was hoping to sell them for $10 bucks each? pm me if you're interested.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Try Champion lighting they are in PA. Yes your lights are 36W with 4 straight pins.

·
Registered
592 Posts
there is a new type of PC bulb coming from UVL (ultraviolet lighting formerly URI) called UVh2ology bulbs with built-in reflectors that look very promissing. They should be coming out this week.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmm...a google search got me nothing.

kodyboy said:
there is a new type of PC bulb coming from UVL (ultraviolet lighting formerly URI) called UVh2ology bulbs with built-in reflectors that look very promissing. They should be coming out this week.

·
Registered
908 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
I have a brand new 36 watt 10,000k and a 36 watt 6700k blue that I didn't even open because I needed the square pins, and ordered the wrong ones from hamilton. I'll sell them for 35.00 ea brand new! pm me if you are interested. I will ship them to you too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts