Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have been using this for over a year now...I never heard about how it could be affecting my tank....DOes anyone know where to find a batch or LOT# so I can figure out the date it was manufactured? I have a bag of it & it says 09-05 on the bag along with 11-07?
However I have a brand new never used 6 gallon peladow & on the back of it by the CAS # it says 4253546-7/19/99 Could that be the year? I hope!!!

here is my 6 gallon bucket? if anyone knows about please chime in

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Here is the numbers off my bag

looks like its the date in the second pic?!?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been using the bromide 2 part with no problemsas of yet...but I started using it when I started my tank last year....I want to figure out if that 6 gal is old stuff or not.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure yet...I have been using post 2006 peladow til now....Iread the whole post...He never said it would harm the tank...WC would help in that aspect.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
assuming my bag is from 2004 as that date shows, ima just gonna use it :) anyway. a new 50# bag should last a while

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just seems odd that a store that recently opened has a ton of the good kind & seems to be the only store too...Hmmmm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you wont have to worry about it for your tanks forever with 50LBS..thats enough for 56 gallons of calcium.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I guess i was wrong my bag is the new stuff. Any lot marked with a "V" is from 2007

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't think that works for peladow...It should have other letters too...3 letters 7 numbers year & month were leters

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I just bought a 25 lbs bag of Peladow from Gordons food service on Grand River in Farmington Hills that has the date 12/29/2005 stamped on it. Gordons said it has been in their warehouse for awhile. The Gordons lable says 1/20/2007 but the other date is stamped on the bag. It was in the back I had to ask for it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the bag I bought & have been using has 3 sets...I'm not sure which one are the numbers from when it was made...Any ideas...Also what about the date from 99?..these pics are off my GFS peladow.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would imagine the bags are older then the peladow...I think the bag Ihave is from the newer batch..I have been using it....But I have a 6 gallon container, that I need to figure out...first set of pics...Only number on the whole container.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
jim197722 said:
the bag I bought & have been using has 3 sets...I'm not sure which one are the numbers from when it was made...Any ideas...Also what about the date from 99?..these pics are off my GFS peladow.

QUOTE]

My date is like this one. The sticker is the stores shipping date. I just assumes they stamped them as they filled the bags. I guess I don't know.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts