Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have a special pet fish in their tank? I have a gold stripe maroon that i hand feed every day and sometimes i can rub her side, yestoday she even let me hold her underwater in my palm

·
Registered
173 Posts
I had a really nice koi pond and most of the large fish were only hand fed. They would all swim up and let you touch, one of them would even allow me to pick him up! It was crazy!

but inside, all i get are nibbles from the clowns.

·
Registered
23 Posts
my peppermint shrimp jumps on my hand whenever i move stuff in the tank.
im not sure if it's because it likes me or it thinks my hand is dirty :p

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
When i had my FW tank my Long nosed elephant fish loved to be held and hand fed bloodworms. Best fish ive ever owned along with my banjo cat that didnt really move and would let you hold it

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a tennenti tang affectionately named "Leuitenant Pat" by my seven year old who will allow me to hand feed him small pieces of nori, spirulina flake, and mysis. From time to time he will let me scratch his side and rub his forehead, but the funniest thing that he will do is play peek-a-boo with my seven year old. "Pat" will hide behind the rock work and my son will kneel in front of the tank. IF my son peeks over the bottom of the stand and into the tank the fish runs back and hides. If my son waits to long the fish starts to look over the rock work and look for my son. It's pretty funny.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Lol that's a funny story at my daughters 7th bday party the kids spent more time in front of the tank than playing the games there were supposed to be.

I have a big Mata tang and he sat in the corner today just watching us outside on the deck today, he had that look like he was ready to come outside too.

I have a tennenti tang affectionately named "Leuitenant Pat" by my seven year old who will allow me to hand feed him small pieces of nori, spirulina flake, and mysis. From time to time he will let me scratch his side and rub his forehead, but the funniest thing that he will do is play peek-a-boo with my seven year old. "Pat" will hide behind the rock work and my son will kneel in front of the tank. IF my son peeks over the bottom of the stand and into the tank the fish runs back and hides. If my son waits to long the fish starts to look over the rock work and look for my son. It's pretty funny.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'm another one for the clowns. Never had an overly friendly FW fish, and the only two fish in my current tank are a clown and firefish. the firefish is never seen... but "squishy" the clown will nibble my fingers, hand feed, and i can scoop him in my hands with a little bit of water right out of the tank, only to lower him back in before all the water runs out from between my fingers. :) I'm a fan.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts