Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Fluval Spec Pico that I modded the back wall to, pushing it forward a few inches to fit a micro-jet return pump into.

tank is 2.5g and looks like this:

I need to increase flow - and space is very much limited in a pico of this size.

Anybody have ideas?

·
Registered
938 Posts
2 .5 gallons I would think the return pump would be enough circulation. Can you fit a return pump in there that is around 200gph. Check out the new pico evo mag pumps from Hydor. They have a super compact foot print. I have the 300gph pico model on a reactor. It is 60gph more then the Maxi jet I was using with half the foot print.

Aquarium Water Circulation and Powerheads: Hydor Pico Evo-Mag Circulation Pump

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2 .5 gallons I would think the return pump would be enough circulation. Can you fit a return pump in there that is around 200gph. Check out the new pico evo mag pumps from Hydor. They have a super compact foot print. I have the 300gph pico model on a reactor. It is 60gph more then the Maxi jet I was using with half the foot print.

Aquarium Water Circulation and Powerheads: Hydor Pico Evo-Mag Circulation Pump
Actually those look perfect.

Thanks for the suggestion!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.