Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd take a minute to call out a bad product so no one else wastes $40 on it.

If your short with a tall DT, you're always looking for ways to keep your armpits dry. This ones called the "Pikstik" and it's sold by Coralife in the aquarium industry but can be found on amazon for half the price.

Once the internals are exposed to saltwater they start malfunctioning. It has a locking switch that is supposed to keep the jaws closed but it failed after the first use. Eventually after a couple months of jamming and not releasing the wire finally snapped. Definitely not what this product was designed for.

·
Administrator
2,496 Posts
Thats crap

Thanks for point that out. Get yourself some extra long BBQ nylon tongs does the trick for me in my 30" deep tank.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Thanks for point that out. Get yourself from extra long BBQ nylon tongs does the trick for me in my 30" deep tank.
I was thinking of doing this for my 90 that is only 24 deep! lol Thanks for pointing the flaws out. I actually almost bought one a couple months back and didn't because I didn't know how well it would hold up.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I maybe just lucky and I rinse mine when finished, but I have used mine for over 2yrs now with no problems. Were you rinsing your off after use? salt water destroys items.

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. It's hard sometimes but every once in a while a product is made with just the wrong combo of parts in their worst tolerance and it just is plain defective.

Contacting the manufacturer might do you some good.

·
Registered
659 Posts
rinsing or not why would anyone produce a product for saltwater made with rustable parts .$40 for something made with plastic,alum, and steel. a product that functions as good as it looks is very important in this hobby.this product failing could cost any one of us hundreds with one drop of a rock crushing any one or more sps or lps colonys. at the very least a company that knows this should produce something thats at least worth what they are charging, instead coralife consistantly produces stuff that barely does the job it was intended for at a minimum price making sure all beginners to this hobby pay them first before buying real quality equipment . thats providing they havent given up at this point .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts