Michigan Reefers banner
845 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Pistons0506 
#1 ·
Pistons0506 In Wall 90 Gallon Build

So I took a lot of pics to show the progress from start to finish up to this point, but the SD card is corrupt, and I can't upload those pics, so I uploaded a few from my phone, and I hope they aren't too blurry. Everything is really cloudy, as expected to this point being that I set the rock and sand 10 hours ago. What I have so far is 90 AGA with a built in overflow, a 55 gallon refugium, 2x 300 watt heaters, a Pondmaster 02750 pump, 190pds of live rock, and 90pds of Key Largo live sand in the tank and 20pds in the fuge The lights are coming tomorrow. I went with T5s because I've been out of the hobby for a while, and just couldn't get enough info on LEDs to convince me, so I went with what I had when I got out last time, and because I loved the growth that I had at that time. Also I received my Maxspect Gyre earlier today, and will be installing that on Saturday or Sunday after everything clears up for the most part. I'm super excited that I'm getting back into the hobby, and look forward to sharing my experience with you guys!!

#2 ·
So I took a lot of pics to show the progress from start to finish up to this point, but the SD card is corrupt, and I can't upload those pics, so I uploaded a few from my phone, and I hope they aren't too blurry. Everything is really cloudy, as expected to this point being that I set the rock and sand 10 hours ago. What I have so far is 110 AGA with a built in overflow, a 55 gallon refugium, 2x 300 watt heaters, a Pondmaster 02750 pump, 190pds of live rock, and 90pds of Key Largo live sand in the tank and 20pds in the fuge The lights are coming tomorrow. I went with T5s because I've been out of the hobby for a while, and just couldn't get enough info on LEDs to convince me, so I went with what I had when I got out last time, and because I loved the growth that I had at that time. Also I received my Maxspect Gyre earlier today, and will be installing that on Saturday or Sunday after everything clears up for the most part. I'm super excited that I'm getting back into the hobby, and look forward to sharing my experience with you guys!!
Hmm. I guess my photos can't be resized. I'll figure it out tomorrow!

#7 ·
Received my lights today and after messing around with different bulb combos, I just couldn't come up with something that I really liked. It's probably because of the LED fixture I saw yesterday at one of the local stores :) So I went ahead and ordered 2! Hopefully by the time I receive them, the tank will be completely clear and I can post some more pictures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.