Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 3 fish from a fellow reefer and they all according to the petstore have black ich... I put 2 in a quarentine tank before work... They passed away while I was at work... My foxface and coral beauty. Now the kole tang is exhibiting the same thing... darting around rapid breathing same spots.. God this is terrible please help someone my clowns are at risk and my other fish.. I have live rock and sand thats at risk..... Katherine-angry

·
Registered
477 Posts
kanne2006 said:
I bought 3 fish from a fellow reefer and they all according to the petstore have black ich... I put 2 in a quarentine tank before work... They passed away while I was at work... My foxface and coral beauty. Now the kole tang is exhibiting the same thing... darting around rapid breathing same spots.. God this is terrible please help someone my clowns are at risk and my other fish.. I have live rock and sand thats at risk..... Katherine-angry
Hope this might help. This is what I found:

http://saltaquarium.about.com/cs/compldiagnodisease/a/aa041701.htm

If you google black ich it brings up some more stuff. I'm not sure what may be of use to you. I'm sure the more seasoned board veterans here could probably help out a bit better if you could post a picture. From what I read it sounds like quite a problem for your entire system. I wouldn't buy anymore live stock until you are well and sure there isn't any more problems. It's a bit late for the advice, but you really should quarrantine your new purchases before adding them to your display. It sounds to me (and I could be WAY wrong) but you may have to start over. Good luck.

-Scott

PS - I'm sure the seller meant know harm if in fact it is "black ich". From what I have heard tangs and angels can have problems when stressed. It may have just been too much for them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I feel your pain

I had this in my aquarium not that long ago. Almost ticked me off enough to get out of the hobby. It's so hard to see so much time, money and energy go down the drain.

I was so adamant not to have a reinfestation that I killed off everythning on my live rock (put it outside in a bucket and let fresh water flow through it and then let it dry out) and then started up a different tank. Things are much better and have not had a repeat.

Sorry that really *****.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts