Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am converting a 120 gallon Fowler tank into a reef. I have just gotten 2 3200 gph power heads to increase the water flow. Now where do I put them!-confused I know its best to have them facing lengthwise or :flood: but do I place them both on the same side? Or would it be best to make a circular flow with one one each side. Then there is the problem of depth :wacko: . If anyone has some tips on how to find the right placement I would be very appreciative.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
:3195: If you point them at eachother it is good to see which one is the stronger.. survival of the fittest you know... :no: Just have fun and try not to slip when you get the floor wet.

By the way, what kind of pumps are they and where did you get them? Any pics? :3195:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ya, put them in the back corners pushing water diagonally across the tank and you'll get lots of random flow as the two steams meet in the middle.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya, put them in the back corners pushing water diagonally across the tank and you'll get lots of random flow as the two steams meet in the middle.
That's how my return from my sump is set up. It is real cool.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts