Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering what kind of power heads are the best. I am needing some for a 180. I would like some great flow from them. So what do people use, like, dislike, ect... Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Of the ones I have used, I have found the Marineland Maxijets to be the most affordable, and versatile, especially for the cost, vs the others. About a year ago they started coming with the pieces to convert it to a circulation pump, that way you move even more water and it is not unidirectional. Great for lots of water movement without kicking up all your sand and disturbing fish and corals.

Happy reefing!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Of the ones I have used, I have found the Marineland Maxijets to be the most affordable, and versatile, especially for the cost, vs the others. About a year ago they started coming with the pieces to convert it to a circulation pump, that way you move even more water and it is not unidirectional. Great for lots of water movement without kicking up all your sand and disturbing fish and corals.

Happy reefing!
I bought one of those "new" maxijets to pump water out of my mixing tank, I "transformed" it into a circulation pump just out of curiosity and I literally couldn't even get it to work right, its like a cheap toy, mine may have been bunk or I may have put it together wrong but I don't think so it works fine as a powerhead, if you want to go with less expensive pumps stick with koralia for circulation and maxijets for moving

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

·
Registered
488 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I love maxijets for all things not circulation and return but the others are ugly enough in the display as it is...and of course back on topic if you can afford a mp40es that's absolutely the way to go...anyone that tells you they don't want them is lying lol

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.