Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For everyone her that doesn't use a mp 40 or something similar ihave 2 power heads on my 55 one korillia 3 and one idk what it is but it has good flow lol, should I aim one down and one towards the surface for surface agitation or should I just caim them at each other and let them fight eachother for a flow everywhere? Keep in mind I'm using no sump and no refuge just a hob filter and skimmer. So what ihave is all in the tank

·
Registered
725 Posts
I vote for either end pointed at each other, maybe one a little higher than the other so there's flow on the bottom as well as under the surface.

No flow on the sand/substrate and ugly's start appearing.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I agree you want total chaos when it comes to flow. aiming them at each other will do that. I have even bounced them off the glass to so the flow would break up. you really don't want a straight stream going all the way to the other end.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Agreed, the more chaotic the flow, the better. depending on how much each of those power heads put out. You may want to look into adding another. As mentioned above, point them directly at each other, one slightly lower than the other would be the way I would go as well. If you add another, you could use it where you think you might need or want more flow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts