Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
On.

I'm more concerned about temperature differential. Those of us with small tanks can see the temp plummet in the winter and without circulation heaters aren't uniform.

·
Registered
730 Posts
My skimmer and 1 power head goes off at night.

HOB filter, 2x powerheads stay running. I basically kill the skimmer/1xPH just to give some deadspots in the tank for fish to "relax" if they so choose.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I leave everything on. However, there are some controls that have a different setting for night and day circulation. Though, I do not have one and do not know what that is. I can say that I am sure that all the pumps are never turned off. There should always be water circualtion for many reasons including circulation of organic particals that many corals and other organisms feed on at night and most importantly keeping the temperature uniform as mentioned above.

·
Registered
2 Posts
On. I was under the impression that you wanted to create the most ocean-like atmosphere that you can. Keeping as much movement at all hours seems to do that.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I have thought about this as well but I have a wrasse and goes into my power heads as soon as I turn them off picking food or whatever out if there. I'm afraid if they just went on and off he might be in there when they start and ugh ohh! So just another thing to think about....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts