Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one that was given to me. I have to come up with a pump for it if I decide to use it. Would it be good enough for a 29 gallon with a 10 gallon sump? The set up will be for a pair of clowns, their anemone, 2 more damsels and maybe a kenya tree and some hammers. Skimmer looks like a simple enough design... do they work well? How does it compare to say a Seaclone 100? :D

Thanks!

-Scott

It looks like an easy enough design maybe I could make my own? BIGGER!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
archer772 said:
I feel they are much better than a seaclone and yes it will work on a 29
Thanks for the reply! I didn't like the Seeclone 100 because it needed to be adjusted all the time. I like the BakPak's that I have but would like an in sump skimmer.

-Scott

·
Registered
296 Posts
i know i dont know much about this yet but from what i've heard all good things about pro clear skimmers sumps nothing but good things, i just ordered a sump and skimmer from pro clear so we'll see but i've heard nothing but good things.
wally

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Which pump???

Since I already own the skimmer I guess I have nothing to lose by using it. :D Any recommendations as to a pump for it??? Thanks everybody!

-Scott

·
Registered
285 Posts
Skim

What I don't like about is that mine is only 6 monthes old with problems. The simmer cup has cracks all over it, the inlet pipe broke off and the elbow design ***** for air inlet. It fills with salt like every 2 days. I replaced the nipple with a straight one but still *****. I had better luck and more foam from my old ebay Jebo pile! I would'nt waste money on a pump, find another skimmer from another reefer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts