Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 75 gallon reef tank. I am going to be installing new flooring and I am not sure what I want to do with my tank. I have a small living room, so I am thinking of putting in the wall. On the other side is just a spare bedroom. Any pros or cons of putting it in the wall? Is it hard to do?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Do it kandy that Would look awesome in the Wall by the door if you guys need any help let me know i don't know how I could he but a extra pair of hands is always good :p are you planning on moving all of your livestock to a tank in the garage? And just bring it in while u do it all or what lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
In the wall

I put my 180 reef in the wall ! best move i ever did, dont hear any of pumps , my flat screen above it , can work on it with out messing up live room if i spill any water wife dont yell

·
Registered
66 Posts
Honestly not the biggest fan of them. They look good but I also like viewing from the sides and to do that you'll have to go into another room.

If you do decide to do it i'd put a 'swing up' panel above it so you can do maintenance from the front side if you need to a lot easier also.

~Fred

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I think they look great. Gives you a lot of room for access and maintenence. I too would put some sort of decorative door on the front side. Either, hinged or magnet.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have one and love the aesthetics but cleaning can be difficult and coral placement challenging. IMO the trade off and ease of sump/equipment area is well worth it for a large system in the long run

1 - 7 of 7 Posts