Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After an extended absence from the hobby I'm about to dive back in with a 78 gallon rimless cube (30x30x20 being built by Great Lakes). In preparation I am trying to bring an old EuroReef skimmer back to life. Unsure of model number but chamber is 6 inched in diameter and 20 inches high. The skimmer needs a complete new pump (and needs a crack in the collection cup fixed - no biggie) and I am looking for suggestions. Looks like Sicce is often used as a replacement pump, but then I also read about problems getting them started at times. Any thoughts or suggestions on an efficient replacement pump? What about impeller suggestions (needle wheel)?

Back I the day EuroReef was thought of as a pretty good skimmer. Now I wonder if it is worth replacing the pump, or if I would be better off putting that money into a more newer, more efficient skimmer? Used skimmers are frequently available here.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm not an equipment expert, but I do own a euro reef and they come with sedra pumps, like sedra 3500 and sedra 5000. I've been reading about the sicce pumps too, but it looks like you can help out the start up problems with a red dragon impeller or a purple impeller. I'm still working on understanding the impeller thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.