Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a used 120. I purchased poorly. The price was reasonable. I did not take a good look at the glass. It was dirty and I assumed that it was the reason for the cloudiness. This glass is scratched so badly you cannot see through it barely. I was able to save a little by using the back of the tank for the front which is nice and clear. But the sides and the back are so scratched that the water looks cloudy. I have never seen one scratched up so bad. At first I was going to polish it but then I just used the back for the front. The back and sides now look like their dirty. But they are scratched. Guy used a mag float until he ruined the tank I think. Any input or experience with this is welcome.

·
Super Moderator
1,740 Posts
If its empty you can attempt to remove them. There are lots of video's on the internet. If you have never done it before might want to see if you can find a maintenance company that might do it for you. Or just live with the scratches.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is this a glass tank? If so can’t be fixed.
LOL. I got a good deal on this tank I thought. The guy brought it. It was dirty and I thought that is what it was. Just milky glass. The owner before him must have used a magflaot as one came with the tank. I read that those can scratch glass bad. The yellow sponges with the scrubby don't. Evem a scraper doesn't. Anyway I used the back the tank for the front. I had set out to polish the glass. Maybe I should have since more than 3/4 of the sides are so scratched that it just looks dirty. The front is pretty clear. Most people don't clean the back that much. All setup now. No polishing. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts