Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys just purchased 1 radion led for my 125 gallon Im going to put it on one side of the tank and then have my 6 bulb t5 ho nova extreme on the other side. right now i only have corals on one side because the other side just has 4 t5 no lights which doesnt do well with much. quick question though my tank is a 6ft but just wanted to know if i would need 3 radions or if 2 would be ok when i finally save up enough to get more (college student so money is hard to come by). i also have a bh 300 hob octo coming. atm i have a dual cpr back pak so im sure its gonna be an upgrade. its rated for 150 gallons so that should be good with the 125 that will be reef packed (mix of soft lps and sps) right? if not i just made a pvc one out of 2 in pvc just need to fix a few things to get working. any info on that would be great

·
Registered
725 Posts
3 to 4 is the Radion lighting recommendation, the later preferred. I'm sure you could try 2 for a while and see how it works for your current stock.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
K i was just gathering info and i see all these people that have them and they are running them at like 40% but it must just be a coverage issue then not a light issue huh?

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'll be watching this thread. I too have a 125 gallon, 6 footer. I was thinking about doing exactly what you are doing. Currently I am using a Aquactinics Constellation (14 x 36" 39W bulbs), and would eventually like to switch to LED. I have a lot of SPS and woder if 2 of the radions would be capable of maintaining the good growth rates I've seen...

·
Registered
725 Posts
K i was just gathering info and i see all these people that have them and they are running them at like 40% but it must just be a coverage issue then not a light issue huh?
Correct, even though the leds themselves are spaced out a little more than some other comparable fixtures.

I should say I don't have the fixture myself but I have been following along pretty closely on a couple other forums.

If you want to take a look at the spread a little better Sanjay just did a in depth review on a few of the more popular led fixtures, I don't have the link in front of me but if you Google "Sanjay led" it will come right up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts