Red Blastos

I've been more into favias lately:

Macro of a scoly

Finally back on track after a year of looking like crap:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Nice ... :)

Great pics, I especially like the clown and frogspawn .. the 'spawn looks irridecent!

Yeah, what camera and lens are you using?

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. My camera isn't too fancy it's one of those super thin point and shoot sonys. I think the model is DSC-T1. It has a great macro function that will focus at about 1 cm.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tomasz said:
What did you due to bring this back?
I wished I truly knew. I'd say patience and just trying to do the right things...improve water quality, right amount of light, and flow. It took over a year to come back.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
jimsflies said:
I wished I truly knew. I'd say patience and just trying to do the right things...improve water quality, right amount of light, and flow. It took over a year to come back.
What light do you keep it under?

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm using a 250 phoenix and t5 actinics. I have been considering a different halide...not sure what though.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
jimsflies said:
I'm using a 250 phoenix and t5 actinics. I have been considering a different halide...not sure what though.
How deep in the tank is the frag? Also were you moving this around the tank untill you found the happy spot?

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It is off to the side so it only gets indirect halide light. I did move it around and then finally gave up and just let it sit...sink or swim. It finally came back around. I had stuck it in the back of the tank where I wouldn't have to be reminded of how miserable it looked every day. I put it back out front a few months ago and now it seems to be fine.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
jimsflies said:
It is off to the side so it only gets indirect halide light. I did move it around and then finally gave up and just let it sit...sink or swim. It finally came back around. I had stuck it in the back of the tank where I wouldn't have to be reminded of how miserable it looked every day. I put it back out front a few months ago and now it seems to be fine.
I am happy it workes out for you. That is one of the best corals in the hobby you can get.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts