Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just messing around with the camera today and got a few keepers:



New welsi from Preuss:


My clowns have taken up residence in the frog spawn:


Red Blastos


I've been more into favias lately:




Macro of a scoly


Finally back on track after a year of looking like crap:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
Nice ... :)

Great pics, I especially like the clown and frogspawn .. the 'spawn looks irridecent!

Yeah, what camera and lens are you using?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. My camera isn't too fancy it's one of those super thin point and shoot sonys. I think the model is DSC-T1. It has a great macro function that will focus at about 1 cm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tomasz said:
What did you due to bring this back?
I wished I truly knew. I'd say patience and just trying to do the right things...improve water quality, right amount of light, and flow. It took over a year to come back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,848 Posts
jimsflies said:
I wished I truly knew. I'd say patience and just trying to do the right things...improve water quality, right amount of light, and flow. It took over a year to come back.
What light do you keep it under?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm using a 250 phoenix and t5 actinics. I have been considering a different halide...not sure what though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,848 Posts
jimsflies said:
I'm using a 250 phoenix and t5 actinics. I have been considering a different halide...not sure what though.
How deep in the tank is the frag? Also were you moving this around the tank untill you found the happy spot?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It is off to the side so it only gets indirect halide light. I did move it around and then finally gave up and just let it sit...sink or swim. It finally came back around. I had stuck it in the back of the tank where I wouldn't have to be reminded of how miserable it looked every day. I put it back out front a few months ago and now it seems to be fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,848 Posts
jimsflies said:
It is off to the side so it only gets indirect halide light. I did move it around and then finally gave up and just let it sit...sink or swim. It finally came back around. I had stuck it in the back of the tank where I wouldn't have to be reminded of how miserable it looked every day. I put it back out front a few months ago and now it seems to be fine.
I am happy it workes out for you. That is one of the best corals in the hobby you can get.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top