Here is the primer...
Upgraded to a Red Sea reefer 525xl purchased used from a fellow here in Michigan.(108 Gallons)
Changed up the lights to Kessil, since that is what I had been using. Modified the sump area a bit. May add another light but OK for now.
I will post pics to show where I am beginning here for 2019.
Coral was brought from the 45 gallon, along with some frags I picked up about a month ago. I do have a few items to pick up from the recent Cherry Coral sale.
Despite the frustrations I managed to slowly add and have accomplished the planned "fish list" along with providing each with an individual name.
Pistol shrimp/Goby pair (Eyesman & Sherpa)
Clown fish pair Mocha (Little Joe and Mocha)
Orchid dottyback (Sneeky Pete)
Royal Grama (Royal "G")
Chalk Bass (Billy C. Bass)
Anthias "trio" Bartlett's Anthias 1male 2 female (Andy, Candy & Mandy)
1/Cherub Angels (Argi -AKA lefty)
1/ Flame Angel. (DaFloss)
1/Coral Beauty (Blue)
1/Starry Blenny (Bart Vader)
1/Flame Hawk (Two Bert) (Was considering a pair-(Two Bert and Not two Bert)
(Still might be possible but most likely will stick with Two Bert only. Two bert named in memory of "Bert"
Fish are doing well, added a feeder to assist with feeding task Flakes/Pellets & a little coral food while at work. I then add some frozen and black worms later in the day when home.
Live Rock & Coral from the 45 gallon(some easier colonies that made it through the mishaps), along with some smaller acro frags. Since the tank is more than twice the size of the old aquarium I picked up some additional live rock.
I have the aquascape set and am happy with it. I tried to keep it minimal and am aiming for bommie type reef structures. I am going to pick up a few LPS to add to the rockwork to help with the "Bommie" look.
I believe I am through the worse of the issues so the posts should help make my reefing great again. (Ha....)
Pics to follow...