Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my Reef Octo HOB -1000 off my tank tonight to give it a little bit of a cleaning and run some vinegar through the pump. I took the pump a part and scrubbed the needle. I put it back together and now it doesn't work. Its not the first time its been taken a part and I've had it for a little over a year. Would the pump just go out like that? It gets turned off at least once a week when I do a water change and I've never had an issue until today when I cleaned it. Did the pump go bad could it be something else?

Any help or advice would be appriciated

Thanks

Nick

·
Registered
67 Posts
Could it possibly be something is just stuck ? does it do anything at all i.e. vibrate, shake, hum ... or is it just dead ? something could have shorted out in ther pump...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it could be stuck...It does appear to have power to it, I did get the needle to spin for a second but once I put all the pieces together it won't move. I took it a part a few times last night because I thought I may have put it together wrong, but all the parts are there and in the proper order.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it were stuck, what would be holding it up? Theres not much too it, just the needle wheel, ceramic shaft, rubber bushing and the cap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts