Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know green wolf eels will eat anything they cant fit in their mouths, and i have kept snowflakes before.

anyhow, right now our tank has a nice number of shrimp

1 cleaner

5 peppermints.

and i was wondering has anyone sucessfully kept a snowflake in their tank that didnt eat the shrimp (mine had an appetite for clams), and i was wondering if not, are there any reefsafe eels or is it just a dream to think there are some?

·
Registered
755 Posts
i have a 2' zebra eel in my 120 and have not had any issues with my inverts being snacked on. But I also keep him well fed. I think the same applies with snowflake eels.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hehehe those two snowflakes are playing. too cute. yea, i dont think im going to get an eel though. our goby is fine in behavior kinda simulair. problem is the fish we have arent going to get much bigger, like a snowflake would......and it WOLD eat the shrimp....we have a ton of peppermint i wouldnt put at risk even if there was a minor risk.

i had a snowflake in a fowlr for a looooooong time and the only thing is we never had any shrimp. we tried introducing clams once, but they became an expensive snack by the morning time all but one wre stripped of life-and the one left wasnt fully left as he was int here gorging himself on it. never seen anything like it lol.

that fact is there may be some reef safe eels with caution- but shrimp and some inverts will always be on diet, no matter how well fed the lil buggers are.

so we are deciding to stray away from eels for now....untill we set up a FO tank and that may be some time as our ten gallon (too small for a snowflake anyhow) is being cycled as the g/f wants to get some seahorses......

so no eel for me :(

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fishmantom said:
-confused thats a great reson not to try eels very responsible

good luch with everything

tom
yea, its dissapointing but better balanced for everyone else in the system. ah well. thanks with the luck. :eek:rder

1 - 6 of 6 Posts