Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking for little critters like crabs, shrimp and other little things
i already have a porcelin crab, emerald crabs, cleaner shrimp and i dont want any urcins any other suggestion i like when people come over and find all the little critters

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm assuming this is a reef set up and would of course encourage you to add as much diversity as possible. To do so, your best or only chances of adding some truly "cool" pets is through the use of live rock. For single additions, you can add sponges, tunicates and of course copepods and amphipods. For more ideas as to what is suitable or not, go through my hitch hiker pages or look through any of the online suppliers.

A Hitch Hikers Guide to the Reefs

Chuck

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the page but it didnt help me on what i could buy to put in the tank it said which things are usually ok to put in as a whole category im looking more for specific things like THE EMERALD CRAB IS REEF SAFE but thanks for the page

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Penaeus vannamei, these are little shrimp that will help clean detritus from your tank.

It's hard to say whether a lot of crabs are reef safe. Some, like emerald crabs, are supposedly reef safe, though i've seen them pick at corals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts