Michigan Reefers banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  hd1550se 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Stay away from Reef Solutions. They are the worse retailer ever with horrible customer service. My buddy bought a fish there and paid over and above the asking price purposely as a tip for the store with one request to hold a fish till after they returned from a short business trip. What did the red mark on the hobby do Carl himself. He put the fish back up for sale. Reef Solutions claims to be customer oriented and they pledge to go above and beyond to help them out but that obviously isn't true. If Carl had any respect for someone he would of called the person and said hey I appreciate the tip for the fish but I just cant hold it so you will have to come get it now instead of letting my buddy find out by surprise that the fish went back up for sale. That is piss poor business move on his part. I too have had a horrible experience with this store. My lesson I learned is don't waste your time shopping at this store because with horrible customer service this is a sinking ship.

Reef Solutions including Carl is truly a red mark on a hobby that a lot of people enjoy. I feel bad for Katy Munoz that she is wasting her time to help Carl out with his business that is truly a sinking ship. Walk away now Katy before you get known to have the same red mark as Carl.

Reef Solutions learn how to provide good quality customer service or go down as a sinking ship when your customer base decides to abandon your business.

See less See more
#2 ·
My 2 cents.

Did you try to resolve your issues with them before posting? Sometimes people make mistakes and not to speak but Carl is on the road often. I'd be very surprised if he didn't try to make it right. The entire group has been far and very enjoyable to chat with. I'd be interested to see what the results would be if you had tried to resolve your issues outside of this forum. I personally don't see them as a sinking ship but look forward to this expanding and offering more products, innovation with a bigger store.

#3 ·
I respectfully disagree. I've a one or two bad experiences there, but on the whole, it's a decent place. I enjoy seeing Katy and Carl when they are there, although, some of the new help is a little clueless at times. The place is in business to make money and I've only gotten good deals there. The one time I was gonna buy an achilles tang and one of the employees made a mistake on the agreed price and the fish ended up dying a week later before I good get there to pick it up, but hey stuff happens. I've enjoyed my visits there everytime I go and think they are much more reasonable than some of the other local lfs around.

Reactions: katymunoz
#5 ·
Reef solutions used to be awesome! Not the case anymore! They're systems are gross with dead fish and coral everywhere! I haven't purchased anything here since the old owners were here. The new employers are clueless! Half the time they have crap all over the floor to the point where you can barely walk! Reef solutions is a hole in the wall that they shoved some cheap tanks with crappy lights into. the Last time I went up there they had a piece of cardboard with magic marker that read,"koi for sale." When I went in for salt there was a Giant pond in the middle of the floor! I couldny even get to the salt! Last time I went there. Coral and fish are overpriced especially for the quality. I haven't bought fish here since 2011.

#7 ·
And to Bostoni- why not let your "friend" speak for himself, how do you even know your getting the true story? This wasn't even your deal, and we can PROVE you are completely wrong in your statements.

And the entire store knows about the "regal angel" sale your referring to.... There were more issues with this sale than you even know about. The "short" business trip was weeks long. Carl told him he would not hold the fish, and he came in on another day that Carl wasnt there and put the fish on hold, because he said he talked to Carl, and the employee took his word for it. So as soon as that employee found out that Carl had NOT authorized him to put the fish on hold for 2+ weeks, then the guy was going to get refunded. We couldn't refund the guy until he came back in, and that was 2-3 weeks later.

Carl still has the email sent to him telling him that he would not hold the fish! I hope he posts a screen shot of it (or lets me do It lol) because your going to see that you really don't even know what you are talking about, and not to mention, this isn't even YOUR vendor experience.... It's hearsay....

#8 ·
Don't even give it a second thought Katie. You can't make everyone happy all the time. Everyone knows the truth and to say your stuff is over priced is well, laughable and everyone know that as the fact. The guy cant be too dissatisfied, seems like he had been in the store a lot. Just chock it up to whatever and it will all go away. These guys won't affect any customers. It's really not even worth it. Even if you had said you would hold it stuff happens. You could have said it died. At least you guys are honest.

#10 ·
worst store ever

You can't make everyone happy all the time. Being a business owner one thing for shure, 1 upset customer wiill give you more bad reviews then 10 happy ones and Carl knows this too. Carl tries to make his customers happy if there has been a mistake, have witnessed it myself.Have also shopped at many local stores as well as online, every store has its good point and bad points. This is a tough business to be in, over alll my experiences with Reef Solutions old and present owners have been good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.