Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I felt like a kid in school again today. I got to see three great setups.

First I got to see Dentdominator's awesome technological wonder. It's already working as he planned. The corals and fish are thriving under his care and he's just starting. Very generous guy that offers his time and stuff openly.

Second I got to see Tropical Buff's running reef and new setup. The running 55 is awesome. I can't believe how he can keep the abundance of corals and fish in that space. Very impressive and beautiful. His new setup will be more awesome with Bart and Alex working together. Can't wait to see it running. Unbelievable huge piece of LR cooking in there too. Looking forward to meeting you, Bart!

Then there's Dan Taylor's masterpiece. Truly a work of art. Pictures honestly don't do this tank justice. You have to see it in person to appreciate the attention to detail Dan has. Custom made aquarium upstairs with a plumbing marvel downstairs. I was there 10 minutes and learned two things that will make my life much easier just by walking around his basement. I realized just how simple my setup is. :eek:

His frag tank is fantastic and full of colorful loot! He describes the flow of the plumbing and it all makes great sense. Water changes are a snap and so is ato. Very nice engineering.

Back upstairs and I see 10 cool animals I didn't see 10 minutes ago. I was like a kid in a candy store. Then to top it off, he hands me some neon green palys and a stegosaurus(o.k. I couldn't remember what it was, but it was a beautiful sps) to take home. Thanks Dan!

Now that was a fun day! Hey Alex, where we going next? East side or North? I'll bring the coffee.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Hey now, if you're going to be going on field trips to other people's tanks it is required that you bring a camera and share some pics with us!!-devil :D

·
Banned
1,916 Posts
Well Tom, It was a pleasure hanging out with you today. We love the passion this hobby offers.

Being able to sit on a cold concrete floor and stare at the cheato in the refugium is a quite a sight nobody else would ever understand. Not even our own wife. :D

The trip to Tropical Buff's house is only 5 minutes from my house and his set up is coming nicely, We are looking forward to it !!

Then there's Taylor made, 10 minutes from my house and his tank should be in magazines.

All the different corals and fish choices are amazing to see. Next time I go over his house I will wear a bib to keep the drool off his floors.

Not to mention, the starter package of corals he has given me. His generosity for sure will be greatly appreciated every day I look at my tank.

I'm very fortunate to have met these people here on this forum. People that I can trust and count on.

Thanks again until the next field trip.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I wouldnt mind taking the same feild trip, although it wouldnt really be a feild trip, as much as a trip to my own back yard. I am guestimating you 3 live less than 15 minutes from me, give or take a couple mins. If the 3 mentioned ever want to get together- send me a pm!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts