Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some advice on which Reefkeeper to buy. Was all set to purchase the Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper Lite with net, however now I am getting some advice that maybe the Neptune systems are a little easier to use. Would like one that you can see your parameters on your computer as well as a droid or I Phone. Either way it looks like I am gonna put $400 or $500 into this, wanted to get it right the first time. So what do you guys use and are they easy to use?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Had my RKL in for about a week...easily set it up using just the head unit itself...best thing ive bought for the tank so far imo..only thing i wish i woulda done is just sucked it up and bought the $370 one with the extra power strip..but i can always upgrade...which is nice

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rkl

Had my RKL in for about a week...easily set it up using just the head unit itself...best thing ive bought for the tank so far imo..only thing i wish i woulda done is just sucked it up and bought the $370 one with the extra power strip..but i can always upgrade...which is nice
thanks for the reply, I guess another question I would have, did you get the net module also, or would you really even need it?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I LOVED my RKE, I had the net and everything, I can't say anything about other computer systems, the RKE had a nice web browser interface, and a decent iPhone app.

·
Registered
301 Posts
thanks for the reply, I guess another question I would have, did you get the net module also, or would you really even need it?
Nope i went with the base model, to me its worth it just to have the piece of mind when it comes to the temp. The ability to put all the pumps on standby mode to feed/maintenance etc. + if i ever do decided to upgrade i can send the unit back in for i believe a $50 credit but dont quote me on that..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.