Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently went to my local library and was looking around for some salt books, they are less abundant then freshwater ones it seems to me, and only found a few and they are relitivly old. THe one that looked most relevent to saltwater aquariums book was from 1992. It looked very professional and informative. But I know that alot has changed in the past decades.
So my question is how old is too old for books to be reliable, and for what parts of the salt tank are you talking about?
I know the newer the beter but still.

For example alot is and was known of freshwater fish for a long time so older books are still relitivly ok, while things about freshwater lights and filters you should use newer books/sources because they are relativley new.

Hope you understand my question
the noob

·
Registered
364 Posts
Can you post the names of the books you were looking at. Most of the books that give specific information about fish, corals, and inverts are still relavent. There has been a big change in the hardware used in the past few years so that information might be a little dated.

·
Registered
364 Posts
One other thing on hardware. The biggest changing things in saltwater are lighting and filtration. As far as the rest goes... powerheads are still powerheads.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks, I can't think what the name is but I was thinking of over everything. So everthing but hardware really.

thanks
the noob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts