Michigan Reefers banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is my new thread
I am going to combine my others here
So this week I had Temp problems I decided I was heading down state to mt clemens to buy a chiller I picked a used jbj 1/3 hp for 550 or best offer and since the price was right I got a reeflo barracuda for 100
But when I got there the chiller was missing an inlet connector he took 20 off the price plus since I was getting a package deal he dropped the price awesome right since I bought a bigger pump I stopped in south lion on the way down and got a 275 gal icp tote .
Since my stairs are only 32 inches wide
I cut the steel cage down to 26 inches in height took the plastic out and cut it down to 31 inches

I called around the state last night and found a inlet at prusses pets in lansing
So to day I drove over to see Mike for 30 they hooked me right up
I have too say if you never been there you have to go that place is awesome it was my first time but it won't be my last
I slapped together a temporary home for the chiller she's humming away
And the reset starts

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Man I'm giving my self a headache trying to get this on papaer

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Well I see the problem!!! You are drawing it all upside down :)

Good luck! I recently did a full sump swap and it was one of the best things I ever did for my system.

Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update pic still working the bugs out

Added 120 lbs of live rock
A few corals
Having a bit of a phosphate spike from the new rock but I'm on top of it
My 120 is pretty well cycled as a tank now looking for fish now for it
Got rid of 6 btas they just keep growing like weeds

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Next it's time to tackle the electric and a better mixing station I think I need help with the power

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Last night I did a 50ish gallon water change today my sump looks a little slimey?on top of the water ....almost like a standing water kind of thing .
My only thought was it went slimey in the barrel .?
I saw some bubbles on the surface the protein skimmer looked ok carbon is running fine curious better test

·
Registered
381 Posts
I had dreamed of doing this with my IBC tanks, but I ended up getting rid of them all before I moved (I had six of them, but had only planned on using one, would be sweet to use six though!). My new place doesn't have the space for an IBC tank in the basement anyway. Nice setup! How many tanks do you have set up? Is your display tank going to be linked to this too?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a 7 foot stand with a 90 and a 75 on top a 120 under the floor they all drain into a 55 probe tank wich drains into the ibc

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stopped and changed a caliper on a van for an older gentleman today not only did I do it for free but I bought 10 lbs of base rock out of his yard for 20
Lol.he was all smiles when I left
Win win right lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts