Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so set up my new 5.5gal pico tank its up and running but with no lights I picked up a power compact coralife 10.000k 2x18w/ and two LED wide angle moonlights it came out of a 8gal biocube
I'm new to reef keeping and i'v never build anything like this wondering if anyone could give me some advice or link me to a simler build cause i'm lost

·
Registered
174 Posts
What exactly is going on? You have the ballasts and bulbs and your trying to set them up over tank correct? Do you have any sort of canopy your mounting these to? Any chance you happen to have a volt meter laying around?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What exactly is going on? You have the ballasts and bulbs and your trying to set them up over tank correct? Do you have any sort of canopy your mounting these to? Any chance you happen to have a volt meter laying around?
you can't see in the photo but nothing is really hooked up to anything yet they just look like it in the photo and no don't have a canopy yet I'm making one with legs to set over the tank but id like to get this all put together

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Do you have a multimeter? I have worked with a dozen different PC retro kits over the years and almost all I have seen the power goes in one side of the PC bulb and the neg is on the other... prolly don't matter which side, even if it has two prongs or four all the ones I have seen are powered on one side and neg on the other. There is likely one lead and one neg for each bulb coming off the ballast. Normally they are colored, most of the ones I have seen are yellow or white for power lead and other colored for neg. But coming out from a fixture it is likely not quite as easy as a retro kit. Can you get a bigger clearer picture? Maybe get a wiring diagram from Oceanic? Might be worth sending them an email.... would not nessesarily tell them you disected their product, just request a wiring diagram for troubleshooting and repair. :3195:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts