Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 55 gal drum that is holding my ro water if i mix the salt into the water will it go bad ,right now there is a pump always on in the tank and the water is heated to my tanks temp.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Your saying you have a pump in the ro tank? If so you can mix your salt in it and leaving it mixing for a couple weeks if you need too, it will be fine but no pump on mixing it can/could be an issue depending on the salt mix itself and if there are organics in it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Run the pump overnight to let the salt mix well and then let it sit as long as you want. You don't have to keep the pump on. Even if there were organics in it, which there shouldn't be since you are using RO water, moving it around isn't going to change that. Stuff will rot whether water is moving or not.

Now, if you are trying to keep it heated then it helps to circulate it but if not, don'y worry about it.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Just FYI, I always have 30% on standby mixed, heated and being circulated, usually for two weeks, not entirely sure but I think I have had some precipitation of calcium without it circulating for extended periods but I assume every brand is different

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thanks alot right now i use 44 gallons of ro water a week. so i just thought it would be nice to mix everything up all at one time and let it sit till i need it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.