Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any one have one and what do they think about the watch.

Is it really worth it. I have thought about trading my complete set up for one but just want to see if it is worth it!

P.s. this is not a trade post just wondering about your watches. if you post here
I WILL NOT CONTACT YOU. :3195::unsure:

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
My dad has had several. Mostly submariners. Nice watch. There are nicer such as tag heuer. But they are big heavy accurate and cool that the second hand does not tick, it moves fluidly. Hand made. Yea they are nice. World I trade my fish tank for one, no. but I love my tank lol

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
If you are considering a trade,I would have a jeweler inspect the watch to ensure it's not a fake. There are some great looking fakes out there. With that said,I never owned a Rolex but I spent a grand on a Gucci and two grand on my wife's Mavado and I think they are worth every penny. I love expensive watches and may one day buy one.

If it were me and you didn't want your tank anymore, I'd do it but I would make sure it was real (get the guts looked at) and have it appraisedby a authorized service center.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'm not sure but I assume they range from thousands to tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars, its just a brand, you should have a model or dollar amount in mind...it saddens me and im not sure why your getting out Mike but this Rolex fetish is starting to concern me...remember you have friends here;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know I would miss so many people from here but I have a weird thing for watches! The watch I have now is a tissot touch. This thing is sweet it is a touch face watch. But it is no Rolex!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Dude, I have a few nice watches. I'm over it.

At the end of the day,it is a watch. That is it. Period.

Spend the money on your debts if you have them, loans, etc.

It is only a watch. I have a few, and to tell you straight up, I don't even wear a watch anymore. I have a phone on me with atomic time. Why mess with a watch?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I've had my Gucci for probably 15yrs, used to wear it all the time then the battery died so I went a few years without wearing it. Got it fixed, same thing happened...wear it a while and then stop for years. It's just a watch but I do like it. I got a question though. You sell a lot of coral and zappers and probably make quite a bit of money. Why not keep selling and start up a Rolex fund. You should have one in no time and in the end end you'll still have your tank....

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I could probably do that but I am married and the Rolex fund would become the wife's whatever she wants fund and probably bill fund! Would not last long! That is why it would be easier to just trade!

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Yes I have a fake. I bet you couldn't tell it from a real one. Same smooth second hand, same size and weight, etc. my dad got them in China on business for under $25 us. Crazy the quality of the fakes.

Yea a watch is a watch. I ve owned lots. Favorite is anything Swiss. Had a sector and loved it. Own all citizen ecodrives now. Love the no battery and they keep good time for a mid grade watch. A Rolex and so on is just a status thing. Kinda like IPhones lol.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL! Does my posts say iPhone. I love my iPhone and I have always wanted a Rolex and my cousin went to china and got some fake rolex's from there as well and they looked awesome. I would have to have a dealer look at it first before I got one.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I have a midsize Rolex :) wear it every day, love it!

The other thing is that there is always a market for them! You can always sell it if need be!

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Lol I always laugh at the iphone cases that have the clear cutout in the back for the apple emblem. Gotta make sure everyone knows you have an iPhone. Lol anyway, no doubt about it Rolex makes a high quality time piece. And as mentioned above, they dont lose value.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
iphone cases

I think that apple makes them cut the hole to show the apple. I know it looks kinda vain! but it is a iphone:3195: really :jester: I could not care less about showing the apple logo on the back!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I bought the new 4s on Friday the day it come out. I dumped my Droid bionic. Let's just say that on Monday I had my bionic back and the iPhone was on Ebay! Sold for $300 more than what I bought it. I hated it and there is a HUGE speed difference between 3g and 4g. You can't customize an iPhone like you can a Droid....your home screen, different pages and widgets etc. I can be on my phone and surf the net at the same time pretty much everywhere and you can't do that on 3g. I watch TV on my phone by my sling box (dish) at home. No lag, no loading or waiting....I'm a Droid fan hands down

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I will add the iPhone has an unbeatable camera....it's killer! Best pictures than most regular cameras out there and the #1 camera on any cell. That's the downside to Droids, the cameras are horrible but I can deal with that.

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
I love my razr. 4g here I occasionally get high 20s and low 30s mbs. Crazy fast. the reason I didn't get a apple is screen size. Love a huge screen.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts