Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Meijer and saw a nice 50 gallon Rubbermaid garbage can on wheels. The material was nice rubber not the usual plastic that most garbage cans are made of. I'm under a space constraint so the upright setup works great.

Q:Anybody use one of these for R/O water or any aquarium use? Are they safe to store water in? Are they made from the same rubber as the tubs?

Thanks for any help,
Tom

·
Registered
324 Posts
TomToro said:
I was at Meijer and saw a nice 50 gallon Rubbermaid garbage can on wheels. The material was nice rubber not the usual plastic that most garbage cans are made of. I'm under a space constraint so the upright setup works great.

Q:Anybody use one of these for R/O water or any aquarium use? Are they safe to store water in? Are they made from the same rubber as the tubs?

Thanks for any help,
Tom
The Rubbermaid BRUTE cans are supposed to be very good. It seems that many reefers have used these without any problems.

Gray, White and Yellow are USDA Meat & Poultry Equipment Group Listed and assist in complying with HACCP guidelines.

I would be afraid of any of the lighter weight cans.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
McD57 said:
The Rubbermaid BRUTE cans are supposed to be very good. It seems that many reefers have used these without any problems.

Gray, White and Yellow are USDA Meat & Poultry Equipment Group Listed and assist in complying with HACCP guidelines.

I would be afraid of any of the lighter weight cans.

Good Luck!
Thanks for replying, McD. This one was black rubber. Seemed very heavy duty and was around $30.00.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I use a couple of the brute cans with great luck. I also use a smaller non-brute rubbermaid for my top off it is a 20-30 gallon regular type garbage can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts