Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a 155g bowfront and i am doing a basement sump with the rubber maid stock tanks i was wondering what size stock tanks you would recommend me to get

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have a 220 display that overflows into my basement into a 70 or 75 stock, where my protein skimmer and one heater. That is then plumbed to a 100 gal, where i have liverock, lights, and chaeto and another heater. Then it goes back up...

I think it works pretty well....

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2 50's would be good. I would do one full of cheto and rock and other for skimmer reactors and all that good stuff.
The only thing i was thinking of is on tractorysupplys website it says the 50s are 1ft tall if i run the water at 8-9in for the skimmers when the return pump turns off i dont want it to back siphon and overflow over the sides

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I use a couple different things right now.You should see the basement mess! LOl When I am finally all said and done I will have two 100g rubbermaids one for a fuge and the other for skimmer, pellet reactor and any other equipment. Theses will drain into a 50g breeder tank which will be my "final" chamber, which will only be 1/3 full to allow for overflow when power is out. You could do a 50g for a fuge then let that drain into your 100g holding skimmer and all other equipment. Make a stand for your skimmer to keep it where you need it. Put your return pump at the bottom and it shouldnt draw any bubbles. I want a dsb so I chose a 100g. Mine will drain into the fuge where CUC will eat any leftover food and detrious, dsb live rock will handle nitrogen cycle, macro will remove nitrates phosphates, then its into the biopellet reactor skimmer area for a real good clean. Then into my final chamber for return to tank. I kinda like the 50g rubbermaid and the kinda dont its a very large foot print with little depth, with enough sand its almost useless but with little sand it is great. I was really torn but in the end for the $20 I think it cost me more, the 100g was a better option for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.