Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw these beautiful sally lightfoot crabs at trilby tropicals today for $13.00. I think its a good price. I have 2 clownfish + a mandarin dragonet + pepermint shrimp + emerald crab + hermits + coral and some snails. Also what are lightfoot crab requirements?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so.....

So any other opinions? I want one but I am still thinking.....People said emeralds are evil as well.... I got an emerald and its great.... I just love my emerald, I feed it right from my hand. =D ANyone with experiences good or bad with keeping lightfoot crabs?

·
Registered
725 Posts
I got three pretty big ones in my tank and they are very aggressive I didn't realize it when I was just putting a big order of stuff together a while back and picked them instead of the emeralds which are very calm imop compared to these ones,

But on the upside that haven't killed any fish that I have personally seen and they are out in the open all day eating off the rocks and I have some turf macro algae that they are always mowing for me so it's trade off I guess but I may trap them one day and get them out and wouldn't pick them again.

They remind me of the time I brought back two bags of huge (striped) hermit crabs from the gulf and they went crazy in my tank I had to do a quick "free" ad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts