Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone who missed last months meeting. I will be setting up a salt mix comparison for an up and come talk. here is what i'm still looking for, 5 GRMAS point will be reward ofr each item brought to the next meeting.

Two cups of any of the following salts

Seachem Marine Salt
Red Sea Salt
Tropic Marin
Tropic Marin Pro-Reef
Kent Sea Salt
Coralife Marine Salt
hW Marinemix Plus BioElements
Nutri-SeaWater

I will also need some MJ 1200. You will get these back. I would say that I will need them no longer than three weeks. 5 point for each MJ. Only need 7.

Please post here if you would like to sign up for any of the items.
thanks
brian

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dagda thanks. I will only need the 1200's trying to keep everything as close to eachother as possible.

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Dejavu is using the existing studies and data he gathered by testing manually on various salts we gathered. Some are close others seem to be off acording to Brian but he won't say much until he presents it all at an upcoming GRMAS meeting. If nothing else it should be different batches then have been tested/posted before. More data is always better to draw conclusions.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
The GRMAS has a point system that rewards members for helping/planning with the club. There is a scale after a certain number of points are accumulated the member can get various gift certificates to local LFS.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The result are finished!!! I will present them at our next meeting in March. I think that some will be very suprised by the result. I have also compared my result to some of the other test that have been done.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Cool. I have been wondering how this will turn out. Especially with that other salt comparison that just recently came out. Thanks for doing this Brian. I look forward to your report.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts