Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to order some more t shirt's for my web site and I'm trying to find a place near me to go through. Now that weve moved we live to far from teh other company we went through in the past.

I'm looking to spend between $300- $400. I want to place the order mid to late March to have them ready for the begginig of the season. We normally start riding late March to early April depending on the weather. I need S,M,L,XL, and maybe 2 or 3 XXL. And a couple of youth L

This is the image that need's to be on the back of the shirt's

We are voting on the color now but I'm guessing it will be black with white image.

I know there has got to be a few people on here that are in this business so let me know if you can help me out with this.

Thanks
red

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah and we like the Gildan cotton t's

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Have you thought about iron on paper for a printer? that is if you own a printer. Just buy some shirts, iron on paper and print your logo out on the paper and iron onto the shirts. I've done this and it can look really good, just a thought it could save you some $$.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How durable is the iron on though? I don't want it to peel off or something after so many wash's.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
American silk screeners in Farmington does a great job

·
Registered
49 Posts
transfers,,,nuh uh

Go with a screener especially with white on black....thats an easy one color. you may even want to look up online on DIY'ing it. a simple one color using a light sensitive film on a screen is relatively easy and you can reprint as needed. just a thought, i used to do a lot of that back in the day. there are a few good places to buy supplies near oakland mall, i just can't remember their names....it's really easy. computer generated transfers will never hold up like a good direct screening. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
bananawlnd said:
Go with a screener especially with white on black....thats an easy one color. you may even want to look up online on DIY'ing it. a simple one color using a light sensitive film on a screen is relatively easy and you can reprint as needed. just a thought, i used to do a lot of that back in the day. there are a few good places to buy supplies near oakland mall, i just can't remember their names....it's really easy. computer generated transfers will never hold up like a good direct screening. just my 2 cents
Depending on the volume, it is DEFINITELY a DIY project like you say. I've got a dozen or so screens in the garage right now - its just so easy to do! Light colors on dark shirts can be tricky and require two passes, but if you have time its no big deal.

Also, I'd avoid the iron on transfers too. They just don't hold up well - unless you like the rustic faded cracked look.

Sorry I don't have any companies to recommend, but I do know that its not that expensive to do it yourself, and it doesn't take all that much time.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I would call tool sport and sign, their in Oxford but we used them for a job where I work and I was very pleased. THey are extremely helpful and you could probably do everything over the phone or email until pick up time. Ask for Kari 248-969-5850

·
Registered
49 Posts
location?

I'm not sure exactly where you are in warren...but there used to be a place on dequindre just north of 14 mile rd on the west side of the street, somewhere between that country buffet place and that parrot bar. ..that's going back a few yrs.. the smaller the shop usually the better, I know someone that used the previously mentioned place in Oxford and they were very happy as well....just seems like a haul from warren and there must be quite a few print shops between you and there

·
Registered
344 Posts
My 4x4 club has been using Lance at Inkwell Screen Printing, he's been very easy to get along with and good prices.

Lance
586 292 4050
[email protected]

he's done a few hundred shirts/sweat shirts for us, and 2x that many for an other 4x4 club we got his name from.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts