Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a Selcon (Selcon is a vitamin additive sold at LFS or online vendors) advocate. My male clown fish had a bad case of fungal mouth, I say that because I think it was fungal mouth (but not for sure), well his mouth looked like cotton was all around it. I did not buy any medicine to cure him and to be honest I thought for sure he was too far gone. I wasn't going to catch and flush until I had too, as he didn't seem to be infecting other fish. My family all had a hard time looking at the fish as he looked awful. Every day I take tank water in a small container and mix my coral/fish mixture, which is two cubes of mysis (frozen), cyclopeeze, about ten different sizes of dried food like Coral Frenzy and golden pearls, the last thing I add is Selcon (and garlic water, also sold at LFS's and online vendors). I soak the food mixture in Selcon, then I feed the fish/corals, it took about one month and the fish was cured! It is unbelievable, he doesn't have any signs of sickness. I feed the fish all day with different flake food, but I think it was the Selcon soaked food that actually cured him, so this long winded thread is touting Selcon. No matter I do think it helps both the fish and coral, so adding it too any ones feeding regime I think is a good idea.

Dan

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Selcon is my friend, my friend! I use it every two or three days when I feed my corals. Fridge for sure. Garlic extract is my friend when I feed the fish daily.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I just got rod's food and it has it and garlic in it. Sounds like it would save u some work but probably not money as it is 20 a pack though that selco isn't cheap either

1 - 6 of 6 Posts