Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I started it again, I had to move to Oklahoma because big army said too but I should be here for a bit and I just couldn't keep myself from starting a tank. Here are the specks of what I have or I am getting over the next month.

Currently have.
75g tank and stand
30g sump/refugium
700gph overflow (hob type)
rio 2100 return pump
120w led refugium light
About 35 pounds of dead rock
300w marineland heater

Getting
6 54w t5 48" set up as 3 blue+ and 3 aquablue specials
ro/di dolphin 3 stage 100 gpd
reef octopus extreme xs200 (i know a little overkill but i have plans for it in the future. Ie. A 180 rimless?)
2 VorTech mp10

Here are some pics so far I will post more in about a month after I get all the items on my list.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
If you have not bought the Vortechs yet I would suggest going with the 40, you can dial it down for now, but the 10s just don't dial up high enough for the bigger tank in the future. 1 40 is better than 2 10s from what I have seen, but I don't use vortech personally. Other than that looking like it will be a nice tank.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First pic is of my last tank. There is hardly anything in it i had just started it and was told to move. I got mad so i sold everything but the tank and the led light. I know how to move it now so I have very little worries anymore

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Sounds like a good start. I would agree that one MP40 will be better than two MP10s. Especially if you are looking to upgrade in the future.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I took a gamble and won I drilled the tank last night I had no idea if it was tempered or not but I did it anyway and this is how it came out. Just waiting till the 24th and i will be getting the ro/di, salt, and skimmer. then i should be getting the t5 two weeks after that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts