Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
awesome! I LOVE the Shedd Aqu... I am planning a trip there for the family this spring. My husband has never been there, and we are equally into reefing so it'll be great. Our son will love the animal shows :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jcjohnsons said:
awesome! I LOVE the Shedd Aqu... I am planning a trip there for the family this spring. My husband has never been there, and we are equally into reefing so it'll be great. Our son will love the animal shows :)
My wife and I both are the same way!
No joke, I was like a little kid in there.
We will go back again when its warmer, i cant wait!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
When I was there a couple of years ago they had a philipino reef exibit downstairs with a shoreline display full of leather corals. They had a HUGE dump bucket that simulated waves crashing onto the rocks. It was incredible!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fishtal said:
Very cool! They look like something out of Star Wars:D
I thought the same thing, i took a picture and knew no one would believe me so i took the movie, its from my camera so its not the greatest clip but you can see they are real:D

schminksbro, they still have that! we kept wondering what the hell that noise was untill we got closer.... dude, soooo cool.:)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Those ARE just totally awesome!!!! One is the Weedy Seadragon and the other is the Leafy Seadragon. Both are from Australia.

Thanks for sharing!

Jaime :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seamaiden39 said:
Those ARE just totally awesome!!!! One is the Weedy Seadragon and the other is the Leafy Seadragon. Both are from Australia.

Thanks for sharing!

Jaime :)
Jamie,

thank you, I will update the names:D

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
JTP7004FT said:
I thought the same thing, i took a picture and knew no one would believe me so i took the movie, its from my camera so its not the greatest clip but you can see they are real:D

schminksbro, they still have that! we kept wondering what the hell that noise was untill we got closer.... dude, soooo cool.:)
Ya we were wondering about the noise as well! lol

·
Registered
191 Posts
yea i have been to shed as well. they have awesome exhibits for salt water. if youg e the extra cash, get the live reef exhibit ticket as well, its awesome and well worth it. the seahorses are upstairs int he main area so you dont have to pay extra to see them but the downstairs is well worth it. I woulda loved to have a behind the scenes tour on the equipment used and have talked to their local chemists on the water and such.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
schminksbro said:
When I was there a couple of years ago they had a philipino reef exibit downstairs with a shoreline display full of leather corals. They had a HUGE dump bucket that simulated waves crashing onto the rocks. It was incredible!
I went 2 years ago and I remember that also it was really awsome!

brad

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Man, I must pick all the wrong times to go, because I'm always annoyed that the smaller SW tanks have slime and hair algae. I do have to admit that their larger tanks are quite impressive, especially with the realistic-looking artificial rockwork.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts