Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My frogspawn has this mouth showing only on one head tho one head is getting huge and the other isnt growing as big here's a pic of the mouth and smaller one

Here is the big one

Or am in just nervous cuz I'm new at this lol

·
Registered
753 Posts
It looks fine, just trying to grab some food, the bigger head will probably split over time. When they start dieing the polyps recede and the skeletal structure shows

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
+1 to the above. If it does start to die off, keep an eye on it. It can literally happen over night. I lost 2 heads on mine about a month after I got it. One pulled all the polyps in and the skeleton was showing the next morning it was bare white skeleton. The following night, the next head on that branch did the same thing and the following morning dead white skeleton. I pulled the coral and cut that branch off that morning. It may or may not of saved the rest of my colony but, I wasnt going to tank any chance of losing the whole thing. Currently it is doing awesome and has about 17 heads on it. It has doubled in size since I got it. As mentioned above all of the original large heads split and some have split again.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm just nervous cuz the bottom of the one head looks like its melting could it be from lack of flow on that side because the powerhead doesn't hit that side very well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts