Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm downsizing from my 100 gallon to a 30 cube. The 30 gallon cube stand will fit a 10 gallon sump. Should i put the largest skimmer that will fit in that chamber or use it as a fuge and not run a skimmer. I will be moving my live stock over from the 100 and coral from my 10 gallon frag tank. The cube will have 5 fish, (maroon clown, 2 yellow damsels, blue damsel, pygmy angel,) in it until i get a new frag tank set up. CUC is 10-15 blue leg hermits, a serpent star, 1 mexican turbo snail, 4 nassarius snails. What does everyone think?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I have the same issue, I'm setting up a 60g cube, and only have a 22x22" space, so going with only a skimmer. Small fudges are a waste of time.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I would also go skimmer and maybe a media reactor for reducing PO4. A weekly water change should be sufficient to keep the NO3 levels in check.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information everyone. That was the way i was thinking but i wanted to check with people who have had the same issues. Now i hope that the skimmer from my 100 will fit in the 10 gallon sump.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts