Michigan Reefers banner

61 - 80 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Almost forgot, my early Christmas Present:

An Octopus NW200 with a mesh mod and drilled the venturi. Gravity fed from the second sump/barrel. My water has never looked cleaner.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Now I feel complete:

A Super Feeder tied to my neptune. Now I can feed as many times a day as I want or manually from any computer. Thanks Jimflies, this is by far the best feeder on the market. www.super-feed.com.

My ever expanding control center:

Does anyone, except my wife, think it is a problem when the filter ends up twice the size as the aquarium and take two pictures to fit it all in? Have I gone too far?

·
Banned
1,916 Posts
Slapshot,

I like the fish feeder. That's so cool. Definitely going to get one.

The neat thing about our fish room is they are mission control to us.

Your design looks very well organized.

This has been a great site for all of us to learn each others ideas.

Good Job - and Happy Holidays.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Thanks guys I knew that if I asked on here I would get a real valid opinion. :eek:rder Dent yours puts mine to shame......hmmm maybe I should redo mine? The feeder really is impressive. At the bottom of the hopper it has grinding wheels and the floor of the hopper shakes when it feeds so the food does not clog up. The hopper holds two cups and you can extend that to 4 or 6 if I wanted to. Add to that that it is so adjustable. I am feeding 1/2 teaspoon 3 times a day. Then I just feed some frozen at night. It will be great for my Bartletts. I mixed up a bunch of different dried sinking pellets and flake with some dried cyclopeeze. More importantly when I am out of town I can now pretty much control everything on my tank.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I think the feeder will be my Christmas present to myself this year. I love my AC3 but you end up with a extension cord nightmare. I think this is another task I am going to take on this break. I was thinking of using some conduit to a set of outlets on the other side of the room to get rid of the extension cords.

Nice setup by the way I wish I had that much room. Its great to see how every configures their space.

·
Registered
15 Posts
as someone who hasn't started with this hobby yet i can see it can get pretty expensive .sure does look overwhelming when i see setups like this and it definately motivates me to get into the hobby.great job

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Thanks H but don't think you need all that to make it work. I like gadgets and doing things myself. I have also accumulated this stuff over many years. It makes life easier but you can get away with a lot less. I also have this annoying habit of wanting the best for my charges.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
A new growth shot. Things are growing nicely. Another year and it should be what I was looking for. I had to frag a good part of by beloved Purple Acro on the top as it was shading everything. It was 12 inches around.
My Caps are crazy I have cut them all down to 1/2 the size they were. They are growing at 1/4 inch a week!
My favorite Brain Coral is finally showing good growth. It has all grown to the sand and is now expanding in circumference.

Today

11/18/07

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Beautiful tank and getting better all the time. That cliff aquascaping is a one of a kind and awesome.

Just wanted to drop a line and thank you for the excellent acro purple tip you gave to Dan T. He gave me a nice size piece yesterday. It's very cool and is going to look great next to my other sps.

I appreciate it. I'll see if I can grow some good stuff to pass back to you guys.

Keep doing the updates,
Tom

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
After much thought about improving my water movement I hit Choice and added a Tunze wavebox. I love the motion but hated the look. I spent a few hours customizing my wavebox. This is the result:

It will blend better after some coralline grows but it looks like another pillar. I have to work on the bottom, I did not want to cover the access door but it needs something.

because of the motion I was able to get rid of one unsightly Seio and hide the other two. This allowed me to add a blue stag that I have always wanted but had no room. The fish love the new motion and drift more natural now kind of riding the waves. New FTS:

61 - 80 of 350 Posts