Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to reefing, little over a year. My tank is close to 1.5 years old and developed a aptasia issue, maybe 1000s, growing on everything. After much discussion on here and with others, I decided to clean some live rock with hot water and purchased some none traditional fish to rid the tank of these pest, which might be part of my problem. I have added a bi-color angle and a silver scat. Well, which is hard to believe these fish along with the rest of my crew cleaned all evidence of the aptasia, and it has not came back, I had both swimming and stationary kind? I wanted to remove these pest before getting into corals. Also, in the past I was not using a ro/di unit, I have started using one last fall and have no traces of, very very little trace of algae in the tank, to clean? I add one soft and one hard coral, before using the ro/di, few other corals popped out of the rocks. I have a 55g 150hqi w/2 03 bulbs. My corals looked fine at first, now they look like they are on there way out. Closed up, shrinking up, etc. Water parameters seem ok, though I am not sure if it is water or fish pecking at them. I have never seen fish peck at the corals, but they might be. Any ideas were to start to figure this out?

Thanks
Rene

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
The Bi-Color Angel is reef compatible with caution which usually means you are taking you chances that you will get one that does not nip at coral.
Of course more information on the type of coral you are talking about and water parameters and bulb age would help.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Tank

I agree with Spanko, we need water parameters tested info. These should include Ca, Alk, Ph, Nitrates and Salinity.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
If you post picture here we wil identify them for you. You know you should not have things that you do not know how to care for and if you don't know what they are you can't know how to care for them.
Speech done.....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess u were a expert before you started...
Thanks for the advice.

Spanko said:
If you post picture here we wil identify them for you. You know you should not have things that you do not know how to care for and if you don't know what they are you can't know how to care for them.
Speech done.....

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
"I guess u were a expert before you started...
Thanks for the advice."

Didn't really mean to anger you. Gee!

See Ya!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts